Crew Chief and Summer Seasonal Crew
As we continually evolve and grow due to our dedication to deliver our stunning structures, our company is inspired by the desire to be different and we are always looking for exceptional people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Crew Chief to work within our successful team leading on some of our rental jobs. You will load vehicles, travel to site, build and dismantle our Stunning tents and interiors, and carry out cleaning and maintenance tasks at the warehouse, as well as other duties.
Crew Chief for the Stunning Tents, Ten by Fifteen Structures and the Sail Tent Company in 2018 and beyond! Inspired by the desire to be different, we hire and sell a range of unusual tents and furnishings, working for some of the UK’s biggest events companies and most exclusive private parties.
We are currently looking for Crew Chiefs to lead our core crew team in delivering events to clients across the country.
You will be required to:
- Load vehicles
- Drive to site
- Communicate and manage expectations with both event organisers and private clients.
- Receive and organise external vendors.
- Manage, train and inspire our seasonal crew members.
- Build and dismantle our stunning tents and interiors.
- Carry out cleaning and maintenance tasks at the warehouse.
This is an unusual, physical and inspiring job - setting up, dismantling, and maintaining our Tents at festivals, weddings, private parties and corporate events. We work hard, take great pride in what we achieve and have an excellent reputation for customer service. Most of the time we work in beautiful parts of the countryside, and there’s great job satisfaction to be had creating a stunning structure on a bare patch of lawn.
- Be reliable, courteous and honest with a professional attitude to your work.
- Relish physically demanding work in an outdoors environment.
- Be naturally enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Be a practical person, good at working with your hands.
- Be eligible to work in the UK. It is desirable that you:
- Live within 30 minutes’ drive of our warehouse a RG7 4PD, and have your own transport to get there.
- Holding a B+E UK driving license with experience driving vans and towing trailers is a bonus, but not essential.
Experience working with tipis, stretch or sail tents is not required, as full training will be given.
Contract Term/Work Pattern:
As a full-time employee you will be contracted to work 1700 hrs with the majority of these hours completed in the summer season, March until the end of September 2018 with work throughout the winter and beyond. Hours and days of work vary as required by the business (including some weekends) and you can expect most days to start at 6:15am at the warehouse. This job offers the opportunity for plenty of hours work over a fairly short period of time, the days are often long and the season is for people who want to earn allot of hours, outside, using their hands as well as their minds and manners. It is only suitable for people with circumstances that make this desirable.
Anyone after a “normal” or “9-5” job should not apply.
The salary is based upon your progression through training as well as any advanced skills that go over and above the level of competence expected of standard crew. Example skills required to achieve this pay increase would include more than one of the following: electrical skills, carpentry skills, ability to complete advanced rigging tasks without supervision, highly experienced van and trailer driving and commitment above and beyond expectations.
Please E-mail your details to email@example.com
with a covering letter for your application.
Job Type: Full-Time